Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another Susan

Remember The Cowsills? The singing family from the sixties that recorded such songs as "The Rain, The Park and Other Things" and "Hair"? The Partridge Family was modeled after them. I just discovered today that they are still singing together. At least what is left of the family. Brother Barry was killed in the flood waters of Hurricane Katrina and brother Billy died before the memorial service for Barry. Susan Cowsill has her own band that includes her husband Russ Broussard. I listened to a lot of her music on her MySpace page. She has a great voice and wonderful style reminiscient of Lucinda Williams. In fact, she covers Lucinda's "Drunken Angel" and does a beautiful job. I think I prefer her version because you can hear the hurt in her voice and phrasing. Susan Cowsill looks eerily like the other Susan who played her on the show, Susan Dey. I wonder if they were ever friends.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I didn't know any of this. How interesting. I try to learn something new every day and today you helped fulfill my goal.

Susan said...

Amy, I know your brain must feel so enriched! lol This is just an example of how I can waste time on the internet!