Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

They tell me I'll live


The scary infection is almost gone. Just a little redness and soreness left in the middle of my arm. Whew! Dodged a bullet there! Unfortunately, the end result is that the family has come to an agreement that Cricket will have to be euthanized for the children's and my own protection. We just can't take a risk that she might do harm to one of the grandchildren or anyone, for that matter. Ironically, Cricket has been giving me extra loving head rubs ever since, but that doesn't change the fact that she can't be trusted, because she can change demeanor in a heartbeat. This is the third serious attack she has made in her lifetime, once on a friend of ours. It was only my intervention that kept David from wringing her neck on those other two occasions. I won't write anymore about it and I won't follow up on our decision. Let me just say that I won't intervene on her behalf this time.

No comments: