Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Puff the Magic Chicken

I went out to sit with the chickens and Puff, an Easter egger, hopped up on the chair arm and wanted to be petted. Of course, like a fool, I didn't have the camera with me at the time. That always happens to me. She sat there for a while squatted down while I stroked her soft, soft feathers and then she climbed over in my lap and went to sleep! I continued to pet her and started singing "Puff, the Magic Dragon", very softly crooning to her. I was thrilled when she started trilling back at me! Now, when I go out to see them, I sing "our song" and she cocks her head and listens. I think she is beautiful.

Here is Puff on the chair later in the day.



This is Puff's "come and get me" pose.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Susan, I think your little Puff is just wonderful! How great that she has chosen you and has bonded with you. I love it when animals seek out our companionship willingly. I don't know about you, but I can just feel myself relax when I spend time with my birds. It is very enjoyable to me.

Susan said...

I agree 100%, Amy! I have a couple of others who have bonded with me, too. David says that I haven't slept as well as I have since we got the chickens and I think he is right! Usually I have terrible insomnia, the kind where you wake at 2:00 a.m. and can't go back to sleep, but it hasn't shown its ugly head much since I've been watching the bok-boks!